About Imagination Coast
Imagination Coast is a social network focused on developing a regional vision, strategy and brand for the sustainable economy on the Central Coast of California.
By developing a vision shared across the region, we can identify larger opportunities and reduce risk for individual participants. By developing a strategy, we can help business, labor, government and academia realize the vision. By developing a brand, we can increase the impact of individual efforts, build shared equity, and attract outside direct investment.
To download an overview document (PDF), click here.
We focus on:
- Opportunities for regional collaboration among educational institutions and businesses, with support from the local, state and federal governments
- Investment and business formation incentives
- Venture capital
The Imagination Coast region includes:
- A collection of leading academic and research institutions, including the University of California, Stanford University's Hopkins Marine Laboratory, the Monterey Institute for International Studies, the Naval Postgraduate School and the Defense Language Institute.
- The Monterey Bay, a world center of ocean research
- The Salinas Valley, one of the world's most fertile and productive growing regions
- Excellent transportation links to Silicon Valley (just up Highway 101), the rest of California and the Pacific Rim
- A spectacularly beautiful environment and a welcoming climate.